Venture Forth! The Essential Guide to Starting a Moneymaking Business in Your Nonprofit Organization
Building on the experience of many organizations, Venture Forth is a step-by-step handbook that gives you a time-tested approach for finding, testing, and launching a successful nonprofit business venture.
Whether your organization is large or small, the book's seven steps guide you through the entire process from idea to complete business plan. Examples, tips, timelines, and reproducible worksheets help you:
Assess the strengths and weaknesses of venture ideas to find the most promising ones
- Determine which ideas fit your mission, resources, and skills
- Make solid decisions based on data rather than impressions
- Prepare a complete and reassuring financial analysis showing your break-even point and future profitability
- Write a compelling, detailed business plan and get it approved
- Get ready to start the new business!
Nonprofits with established ventures will find these steps useful for evaluating, expanding, or improving their business. Even if you don't intend to earn a dollar in venture income, you can use the book's process to improve the financial health of your current programs.
Lower your risk and increase your chance of success with Venture Forth! and start generating earned-income while reducing your dependence on grants.
Author: Rolfe Larson
Pages 272 pagesISBN: 9780940069244