The Board Building Cycle: Nine Steps to Finding, Recruiting, and Engaging Nonprofit Board Members (Second Edition)
Good boards do not just happen: they take care, thought, and planning.
The second edition of this must-have bestseller features nine steps for your board to follow through the board development process, including:
- Identifying, cultivating, and recruiting prospective board members
- Orienting new board members
- Encouraging board members to become more active
- Educating the board about the organization's work and context
- Rotating out board members to make room for new skills and insights
- Engaging the board in a self-evaluation
- Celebrating the board's victories and successes
This book is intended not only for organizations where the board is charged with selecting its own members but also for organizations where the authority to appoint new board members rests elsewhere. Included is a CD-ROM (please note: CD content is now available online) containing forms, worksheets, sample documents, and a PowerPoint presentation for orienting new board members.
Author: Berit M Lakey